Featured Replies

The girls’ love This Monster Wants to Eat Me manga series is getting an anime adaptation. The cast and staff were also revealed, along with a teaser visual and trailer. Reina Ueda stars as the main character Hinaka Yaotose in the anime, which is slated to premiere in 2025.

This Monster Wants to Eat Me anime visual

This Monster Wants to Eat Me anime teaser visual

Sai Naekawa, the creator of the manga series also shared an illustration to commemorate the anime adaptation announcement:

1729511410-9dcfd7ae9046fa907699df98fa978

The anime adaptation is derived from a manga series authored and illustrated by Sai Naekawa. It has been serialized in ASCII Media Works' Dengeki Maoh magazine since August 2020, and the first volume was published in English by Yen Press in June 2024.

Here is the synopsis of the series:

"I've come to eat you," whispers the mermaid Shiori, emerging from the sea to take high schooler Hinako's hand. Living alone in a seaside town, Hinako has a body so delectable it attracts monsters. Shiori, intent on letting Hinako ripen to perfection, vows to protect her until she can feast upon her. Amidst this, Hinako wonders if Shiori might fulfill her deepest wish.